If race organizers were to hold the Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run right now, in the second week of June, only three aid stations—Telluride, Ouray and Sherman—would be accessible. The rest remain buried under feet of snow and avalanche debris.
- TWIR Andy Wacker Ann Ashworth Avery Collins Blandine L'hirondel Bongmusa Mthembu camille herron Catrin Jones Charne Bosman Christian Mathys comrades marathon Corey Conner Dani Moreno David Kilgore Dominika Stelmach Edward Mothibi Elizabeth Ryan Elov Olsson Evan Williams Fritjof Fagerlund Gerda Steyn GoPro Mountain Games hardrock 100 Henri Ansio Joe Gray jonathan albon Julien Rancon Kasie Enman Lee Grantham Nao Kazami Ruth Croft Sabrina Stanley Sage Canaday Sam Sahli Sheila Aviles Tara Richardson Trail World Championships Zach Ornelas
Ultimate Direction Signature Races are ten events – from South Africa to Italy, New Zealand, Colorado and much more – celebrating the iconic places and people of the sport of skyrunning, ultrarunning, trail and mountain. Like the game-changing Ultimate Direction Signature Series vests and vestas, Signature Races are original and innovative. The first Signature Race […]
- Races Alyson Kirk Andrea Huser Betsy Kalmeyer Chris Price Courtney Dauwalter darcy piceu Darla Askew Dylan Bowman François D'Haene Grant Guise hardrock 100 jamil coury Jason Poole Jason Schlarb Jeason Murphy Jeff Browning kilian jornet Michael Hewitt ryan kaiser ryan smith Sabrina Stanley Xavier Thevenard
The Hardrock 100 is not only one of the hardest (and most beautiful) races in world, it’s also one of the hardest to get into. The 100.5-mile loop course serves … Continue reading "Hardrock 100 Mile Endurance Run"
The post Eyes Wide Open: A Runner’s View of the 2018 Hardrock 100 Course appeared first on iRunFar.com.
I decided to turn my sour grapes into fortified grape juice and attempt an upstart, scrappy race the weekend after Hardrock 100, on the same mountain range, that’s arguably even more difficult—a race so miserable in its first year on the current route that the RD admits, “I don’t think it was a good experience […]
The post Xavier Thévenard’s 2018 Hardrock 100 Disqualification appeared first on iRunFar.com.
- TWIR Bree Lambert Cayuga Trails 50 Chris Barber Darla Askew David Sinclair Ellie Pell hardrock 100 Hillary Gerardi Jason Lantz Jeff Browning Jeff Rome Jenny Capel Jim Atkinson Jinks Alexander Kathleen Cusick Laura Orgué Lindsay Simpson Nadir Maguet Nikki Kimball patrick caron Qi Song Riley Brady Ruth Croft Ryan Witko Sabrina Little Sabrina Stanley Sage Canaday Sanna El Kott Sarah Keyes Seth Macaccio Speedgoat 50K Stian Aarvik Stian Angermund-Vik Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Taylor Nowlin tim tollefson Tommaso Basso Troy Howard Tyler Sigl vermont 100
- Races Benjamin Bucklin Betsy Kalmeyer Betsy Nye Brittany Klimowicz Cindy Stonesmith Colleen Ihnken Darla Askew hardrock 100 Jeason Murphy Jeff Browning Jeff Rome Jesse Haynes Kaori Niwa lise plantier Liz Bauer Michael Hewitt Mick Jurynec Nikki Kimball Sabrina Stanley Ted Mahon Troy Howard Xavier Thevenard Zach Hermansen
“For these three days,” I told the group gathered for our inaugural San Juan Mountain Running Camp, “I want you to encounter and experience challenges on the trail that you don’t expect, and that perhaps intimidate you, because you’ll discover that you can get through and handle more than you think you can. And you’ll […]
- Destinations Training & Racing Allison Snyder Featured hardrock 100 Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run Highline Running Adventures mountain running ophir Opus Hut running camp San Juan Mountain Running Camp sarah lavender smith summer adventure Trail Running trail running camp ultrarunning where to run near Ouray where to run near Telluride
In Australia, it’s fair to say we look across the pond at two US massive races. Western States and this one, Hardrock. My own love affair with this race is lived vicariously through the likes of Andy Hewat (going for Read More ...
- Races Adam Campbell Benjamin Bucklin Betsy Kalmeyer Betsy Nye Brendan Trimboli Cindy Stonesmith Darla Askew hardrock 100 James Bonnett Jason Poole Jayson Kolb Jeff Browning Jeff Rome Jesse Haynes John Fegyveresi Kaori Niwa Mick Jurynec Mike Foote mike wardian Nikki Kimball Sabrina Stanley Ted Mahon Troy Howard Xavier Thevenard
It’s 9 A.M. and already 85 degrees at Duncan Canyon, the first aid station where I’ll get to see my husband on his maiden quest to finish the Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run. With 20 pounds of gear dangling from various limbs, I wiggle into the crowded hillside just in time to hear a cowbell: … Continue reading "The Ultra Crewing Playbook"
Some people may be more like sharks than humans—they need to be constantly moving in order to be alive. Adam Campbell is one such person. In this 14-minute film by Cameron Sylvester, Campbell recounts his near-fatal fall while running and climbing the “Horseshoe Traverse” along Roger’s Pass in British Columbia, and his struggle between finding … Continue reading "Video: In Constant Motion"
Adam Campbell spent the first 17 years of his life on the beaches of Nigeria where he developed his love of the outdoors. He now calls the Canadian Rockies home where he is an environmental & business lawyer. He is also a co-owner of Canada’s largest trail running series. He has competed in, and regularly […]
While it’s been a week or so since the Alpine Challenge, a combination of waiting on the results and myself being away a lot recently has meant for a slight delay in the report back, which I also thought would Read More ...
Results from the 2018 Hardrock 100 lottery.
- Races Adam Campbell Adam Schwartz-Lowe Andrea Huser Anna Frost Anthony Culpepper Ben Lewis Benjamin Bucklin Bethany Lewis Betsy Kalmeyer Betsy Nye Brendan Trimboli darcy piceu Darla Askew hardrock 100 James Bonnett Jason Poole Jayson Kolb Jeff Browning Jesse Haynes John Fegyveresi Kaori Niwa Katie Grossman Luke Nelson Mick Jurynec Mike Foote mike wardian Nick Pedatella Nikki Kimball Pau Capell Sabrina Stanley Sam Ritchie Ted Mahon Troy Howard Xavier Thevenard
The summer, I read about the West to deepen my understanding of Colorado, California and states in between—their history, culture, politics and myriad pressures. Rest assured, these books are good reads.
Episode 145 of Talk Ultra brings you an interview with Jeff Browning who has been dominating the 100-mile racing scene with a string of highly placed finishes – but how? Jeff tells us the secrets of his success in a fascinating interview. We …
- Uncategorized Altra bronco billy giddyup gobroncobilly hardrock 100 High Fat Ian Corless Jeff Browning Low Carb low grain Mark Hammond no sugar nsng Nutrition Paleo paleo diet patagonia Podcast running 100's the bear 100 Trail Trail Running ultra ultra running ultra trail Mont Blanc. ultra trail ultrachic usa utmb western states wser
Episode 144 of Talk Ultra brings you an interview with Darcy Piceu after her incredible FKT on the John Muir Trail. We also speak with Anna-Marie Watson who this year placed 7th at UTMB and just recently won the first edition of …
A tribute to a trio of relatives—my grandmother, grandfather and great-uncle—who challenged themselves in the San Juan Mountains in mind-blowing ways that inspire me as a mountain runner.
A couple of big races dominated proceedings this weekend, with one, Hardrock being the highlight of the running calendar. If you haven’t heard already, Kilian Jornet aka Superman won Hardrock with his left arm in a makeshift sling (see below), Read More ...