Episode 166 of Talk Ultra is here… MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. This show is all about OMAN by UTMB with an in-depth interview with the female champion, Anna-Marie Watson. We also speak with the male champion, Jason Schlarb and he is joined …
As a trail runner and mountaineer, Kilian Jornet has set numerous records and fastest known times (FKTs) over the past 10 years. In recent years, he’s won the Western States … Continue reading "Getting the Dirt from Kilian Jornet"
We know some of you have big dreams and goals. Sometimes those are our races, and sometimes they are bigger international events. We pay to get our races evaluated by the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) so that they can be UTMB qualifiers. For those wanting to race around Mont Blanc, we are happy to […]
Episode 162 of Talk Ultra brings you a chat with Beth Pascall who placed 4th at the 2018 UTMB. We speak with Casey Morgan about injury and future plans and Brutal Claire will make us all feel lazy and inadequate in …
Episode 161 of Talk Ultra brings you a chat with Damian Hall who finally fulfilled his dream of placing top 10 at the UTMB. We also have a catch up with David Laney who is taking a year to get back to fitness …
- TWIR Audrey Tanguy Caroline Benoit ccc Dmitry Mityaev Dylan Bowman Eli Gordón Erenjia Jia Francesca Canepa Holly Page ida nilsson Jackson Brill Jocelyne Pauly Jordi Gamito Karel Sabbe Katie Schide Kevin Vermeulen marcin swierc Miao Yao Min Qi Monica Vives occ Pascal Egli Pau Capell Robert Hajnal Rory Bosio Ruth Croft Sandi Nypaver Santiago Mezquita TDS The Rut 28k The Rut 50k Thomas Evans utmb Uxue Fraile Xavier Thevenard
- Races Alex Nichols Bertrand Collomb-Patton beth pascall Cat Bradley Christopher Hammes Damian Hall Emilie Lecomte Emir Grairi Erik Clavery Fernanda Maciel Florian Grasel Francesca Canepa Fu-Zhao Xiang Gediminas Grinius Gregoire Curmer Hallvard Schjølberg Ildikó Wermescher Irene Kinnegim Javier Dominguez jim mann Jim Walmsley jo meek Jocelyne Pauly Jordi Gamito Juliette Blanchet Kaci Lickteig Kaori Niwa Katia Fori kilian jornet Luis Alberto Hernando Manuela Vilaseca Mariya Nikolova Mathieu Blanchard Matthieu Bosquet Nathalie Henriques Petter Restorp Robert Hajnal Roberto Mastrotto Roman Evarts Sacha Devillaz Scott Hawker Sophie Grant Stefano Ruzza Teresa Nimes tim tollefson ultra-trail world tour utmb Uxue Fraile Xavier Thevenard Zach Miller
Finally getting a break to write this race report, while sitting on a TGV for Paris. It's Saturday afternoon, 3 days have passed since the TDS race, Xavier Thevenard just won his second UTMB, taking an amazing revenge on the mishap at Hard Rock a few weeks ago where he was going to win with a comfortable margin but got disqualified for meeting his crew 2 miles after an aid station. What an amazing way to save his season by benefiting from a debacle across the other favorites.
Andrew Drummond is onsite at UTMB and is capturing moments for the Trail Runner magazine audience. Here’s a video of the top five women and men passing through the 100K … Continue reading "Watch: The 2018 UTMB TDS"
This article is a continuation of The UTMB through the Eyes of Its Creators Going on this week in Chamonix, France, is the largest gathering of trail runners in the … Continue reading "The UTMB through the Eyes of its Creators—Part 2"
UTMB is upon us and the hype just keeps on building and building. The 2018 edition looks set to be another great race and the year when the chances of an American at the top of the podium, have probably …
- Uncategorized 100 miles 170km big loop big race Caroline Chaverot Chamonix France Gediminas Grinius Italy Jim Walmsley Kaci Lickteig kilian jornet Magdalena Boulet Mimmi Kotka outwit ryan sandes Sondre Amdahl Stephanie violet Switzerland tim tollefson timothy olson ultra trail mont blanc ultra-trail world tour ultratrailmontblanc utmb
Rounding a sharp bend 2,000 feet above Chamonix, France (3,396 feet), this morning’s rush-hour traffic slams to a stop. “Dieu!” “Whoa, watch out dude!” “Merda!” Commuters from a variety of … Continue reading "Eden—Is Chamonix the Trail-Running Capital of the World?"
I should be sleeping so a short one before I disappear in the treacherous Alps in 10 hours. According to the picture from the title sponsor, Columbia, at the bib pick-up, I am...
Going on this week in Chamonix, France, is the largest gathering of trail runners in the world. More than 30,000 runners, family and friends are in the famed alpine valley … Continue reading "The UTMB through the Eyes of its Creators—Part 1"
Oh my, another week to live by my globe trotter reputation... A week ago I was in London, then Paris last week, flew back home in Silicon Valley for just 2 days home and here I am again, in France, after a connection through Frankfurt and Geneva. Not anywhere in France but Chamonix for the pilgrimage to the Mecca of mountain and ultra trail running! While pious Muslims flocked to Saudi Arabia this past week, trailers as we call ultra and trail runners here in France, aspire to attend the UTMB week which starts this Monday. More than 8,000 runners across 7 major races ranging from 40 to 300 kilometers (25 to 186 miles).
- Races Aliza Lapierre Amy Sproston Basilla Förster beth pascall Caroline Chaverot Christelle Bard clare gallagher Delphine Avenier elisabet barnes Emilie Lecomte Fernanda Maciel Francesca Canepa Fu-Zhao Xiang Holly Rush Ildikó Wermescher Irene Kinnegim jo meek Jocelyne Pauly Juliette Blanchet Kaci Lickteig Kaori Niwa Katia Fori Luzia Buehler Magdalena Boulet Manu Vilaseca Maria Nikolova Mimmi Kotka Nathalie Henriques Núria Picas Sally McRae Sarah Keyes Sophie Grant stephanie howe violett Tara Berry Teresa Nimes utmb Uxue Fraile Yulia Baykova
- Races Alex Nichols Andrew Miller Anthony Gay Armando Teixeira Benoit Cori Bertrand Collomb-Patton Christophe Perrillat Damian Hall Emanuele Ludovisi Erik Clavery Gediminas Grinius Guillaume Beauxis Ion Azpiroz Javier Dominguez Jim Walmsley Jordi Gamito kilian jornet Luis Alberto Hernando Mark Hammond Mathieu Blanchard michael jones Michel Lanne Morgan Lindqvist Paul Giblin Petter Restorp René Rovera Robert Hajnal ryan sandes Sacha Devillaz Sange Sherpa Scott Hawker Sebastien Camus Sondre Amdahl Stephan Hugenschmidt Sylvain Court Thorbergur Jonsson tim tollefson timothy olson Ugo Ferrari utmb Xavier Thevenard Yeray Duran Zach Miller
As we head into the depths of ‘winter’ here in Australia there’s much to look forward to, and looking back also at the weekend just gone. The Peaks and Trail running festival took place down in the extremely picturesque Grampians Read More ...
THE Ultra Running Girl, Stephanie Case, joins The Nation from Afghanistan a few short days after experiencing the jaws of the 2018 running of the Barkley Marathons. Stephanie has not only run many of the world’s toughest trail ultras, but has extended her comfort zone by living in some very dangerous places in the world […]